Apr 22, 2018
**Anglin Consulting Group is seeking a ****Customer Service Dispatcher****. **
Anglin Consulting Group is a fast-growing professional service firm that partners with private organizations and government agencies. We help our clients augment their existing in-house capabilities and deliver expert counsel to keep them efficient and relevant in today’s dynamic marketplace. Our team delivers flexible support programs designed to drive measurable results in a broad range of areas. These include business operations, IT services, program management, finance operations, logistics and acquisition, and custodial services. Based in Washington, DC, Anglin Consulting Group is an economically disadvantaged woman-owned and service-disabled-owned small business. A career at Anglin Consulting means you’re able to put your expertise, credentials, and talents to great use within prominent public and private establishments while also enjoying the excitement in working with a variety of organizations simultaneously. Contribute independently and collaboratively alongside our amazing team of doers and thinkers. At Anglin, we’re continually striving to take client organizations one step further. Anglin Consulting is small enough to offer a family atmosphere yet large enough to deliver a highly competitive compensation package. We hire and retain the best in the industry, offering exceptional benefits that protect the well-being of our employees, their spouses and domestic partners, and their families.
Anglin Consulting Group has an opening for a **Customer Service Dispatcher. T**he Customer Service Dispatcher will be **r**esponsible for providing a central (one-stop) customer services operation on a 24-hour, 7 days a week basis. The unit coordinates field crew activities for Customer Services, Water Services, and Sewer Services in response to calls from the general public. Obtains information from the field crews, tracks assignments and documents work performed for reporting purposes . Provides technical assistance to field crews by utilizing office records and maps; maintaining customer and service database systems; and tracking requests/inquiries and subsequent activities.. This position is located in Washington, DC.
* Coordinates field crew activities related to emergencies, inquiries, concerns, and other problems pertaining to water, sewer and meter related matters. Determines responsibility of the repair and dispatches the concern to the necessary department, agencies and/or personnel. If necessary generates and transmits service order.
* Maintains location of field crews and communicates with them on a regular basis via the two-way to update the status of pending files based on field activities and provide technical assistance to field crews as requested.
* Assists crews with water shutoffs to isolate broken water mains. In cases where information does not appear to be in conflict with current records, informs field crew of inconsistencies and advises probable field conditions they may encounter and other possible alternatives.
* Contacts other agencies including Police Department, Fire Department, Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs, Department of Recreation and Parks, U.S. Government, Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission, Pepco, Miss Utility, and administrations within the Department of Public Works to request assistance or to inform existing conditions as reported by field crews.
* Maintains records of "out of service" fire hydrants, leaking services, broken water mains, water mains out of service, and defective valves. Posts valves that are temporarily closed or open to normal operating conditions.
* Maintains records and performs research activities regarding job status to generate reports, follow-up on action items, and respond to customer inquiries . Maintains up-to-date interim maps by posting "As Built" drawings until updated maps are received from the Department of Engineering and Technical Services.
* The incumbent is required to work on rotating shifts.
* The incumbent is subject to being placed on call during hours and schedule identified by the Authority.
* Performs other related duties and projects as assigned at the discretion of the Supervisor, Call Center.
**Basic Qualifications: **Manages time effectively, meets deadlines, achieves established goals & objectives. Assist in establishing, accomplishing & continuously evaluating goals. Assumes responsibility for accuracy of work processes, multiple task flows, and actions and decisions.
The minimum qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability necessary for an individual to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable amounts of training are provided.
* High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate and two (2) years of progressive experience relating to a dispatching function preferable in a repair and maintenance environment.
* Knowledge of automatic meter reading, inspections, and maintenance and water cut-off and turn on policies and procedures. Knowledge of lead service replacement policies and procedures. Knowledge of obstructed sewer lateral procedures.
* Knowledge of terminology associated with the plumbing trade.
* Ability to read maps, plat books, diagrams, drawings, and use the microfilm viewers. Ability to use two-way radio and personal computer.
* Ability to make analytical decisions based on information provided to determine the District's responsibility and measures required to resolve matters.
* Ability to effectively communicate with others both orally and in writing.
**Clearance: **Applicants selected will be subject to a security and/or background investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information_._
**This is a contract position with a minimum duration of one (1) year with option to extend based on performance and client needs.**
**Job**: Customer Service
**Primary Location**: United States-District of Columbia-Washington, DC
**Nearest Major Market:** Washington, DC
**Job Segments: **Customer Service
Have a question you'd like to ask? Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Anglin-Consulting-Group. Follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AnglinCG.
Anglin Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
*Location:* Washington, DC
Anglin Consulting Group
Washington, DC, 20044, USA