Apr 23, 2018
**Aon is looking for an Accounting Executive**
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Captive business group within Aon Risk Solutions in Burlington, VT.
Aon Captive & Insurance Management is an integral part of Aon Global Risk Consulting. Our 460 captive professionals manage over 1,000 captive companies across 39 domiciles worldwide, representing more than 15% of the global captive insurance market, across broad industry sectors. We are committed to outstanding customer service and innovation, and by having access to one of the biggest global network of experts in the insurance, reinsurance, actuarial and consulting space we help our clients to create opportunities and economic efficiencies.
**Your impact as an Accounting Executive**
* The Accounting Executive is primarily responsible for the strategic day-to-day management of a portfolio of captive insurance accounts, ensuring that the client, regulators and other service provider needs are not only met, but exceeded.
* The Accounting Executive proactively works with and leads Aon team members and others to ensure the companies remain in compliance with regulatory and accounting requirements.
* Overseeing the day-to-day operations of clients and serving as the primary contact for individuals from various departments, such as risk management, corporate controllership, tax, legal, etc. for both operational and strategic matters.
* Lead client service teams for a portfolio of clients to ensure quality and timeliness of financial reports and regulatory filings are met on a consistent basis.
* Mentor and develop accounting staff skills.
* Coordinate efforts with outside service providers, including actuaries, auditors, investment managers, brokers, claims adjusters and outside counsel to proactively meet client needs.
* Communicate with State regulators in regards to changes to the client business plan, ensuring each client remains compliant with all regulatory filing and state directives.
* Prepare and present materials during client board meetings, ensuring quality and inclusion of value added information.
* Partner with Aon leadership to evaluate and implement operational procedures for innovation, efficiency and best of class.
**You Bring Knowledge and Expertise**
* Effective communicator, with strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and written
* Organized and able to multi-task with ability to effectively re-prioritize tasks as needed
* Highly developed, demonstrated teamwork skills
* Demonstrated ability to increase productivity and improve methods and approaches
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and ability to utilize it to drive efficiency
* Demonstrated effectiveness in presentations to clients
* Demonstrated responsiveness to internal and external clients
* Ability to develop good working relationships within the Aon network and industry
* Aware of own strengths and weaknesses, building on the former and addressing the latter, with manager guidance
* Demonstrated ability to see the big picture and provide useful advice to clients, colleagues and other service providers, while maintaining a working knowledge of the details
* Ability to research, discuss and implement revised or new accounting guidelines or regulatory requirements
* Contribute to a collaborative, innovative and forward-thinking office environment
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of industry experience.
**We offer you**
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.** **
**Our Colleague Experience:**
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visitAon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background checkconsistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
*Job number:* 2441279
*Category:* Accounting & Finance
*Location:* United States, VT, Burlington
Burlington, VT, 05406, USA