Apr 19, 2018
Graybar Electric Company, Inc., is a fortune 500 company with $6 billion in annual revenues and a leader in the distribution of high quality electrical, communications, data networking and security products and solutions. With 140 years of experience, 8300 employees strong and 290 locations across North America, Canada and Puerto Rico,we believe that no other company in our industry can match our experience, stability or reputation.
Our goal for success is simple. We listen to what our customers need, connect them to the right solution and then deliver on our word.
We help our customers’ power, network and secure their facilities with speed, intelligence and efficiency.
Would you like to be part of Graybar and carry on our tradition?
We are currently seeking a customer focused professional as a Delivery Driver & Material Handler who will support our Distribution Branch located in New Castle, DE.
Responsibilities of a Delivery Driver & Material Handler:
As a team member of our New Castle Branch the Delivery Driver/Material Handler is a key part of our logistics platform to ensure customer satisfaction by taking a pro-active approach to servicing Graybar’s customers from start to finish.
* Safely drive truck or van to transport materials within specified area; verify loads against shipping papers; obtain signed receipts for material delivered.
* Safely load and secure material on delivery vehicle following proper procedures, utilizing material handling equipment when necessary to ensure safety.
* Create and maintain delivery manifest according to company policy, and state and federal regulations.
* Determine best route for effective delivery of product that will satisfy customers' expectations of a timely delivery; record delivery information; inspect truck equipment and supplies as required, and immediately report any deficiencies to ensure safe operation.
* Perform any and all physical requirements necessary to lift and move inventory around the warehouse, as well as load and unload trucks.
* Operate and maneuver warehouse equipment and any material(s) contained thereon in the manner consistent with the intended purpose of the equipment and the manufacturers’ instructions; follow all Company safety procedures.
* May perform Material Handler responsibilities when not engaged in primary responsibilities.
* Promote and maintain good customer relations; may promote new sales as opportunities arise.
* Take an active role in communicating customer feedback to Company management, including customer complaints, requests, returns, performance, competitive information, and potential opportunities.
* Other duties as assigned.
Requirements We Seek:
* High school diploma or GED required.
* Minimum of 1 year of experience required: Typically drives a truck weighing equal to 26,000 Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW). Experience in material handling and driving a company vehicle.
* Employee must possess a valid driver’s license issued by his/her state of residence appropriate for the type, class and gross vehicle weight of the Company vehicle to which the employee is assigned.
* Ability to pass the DOT Medical Exam and Commercial Motor Vehicle Certification.
* Ability to perform the physical requirements necessary to receive, pick, pack, ship, and move materials throughout the warehouse, including, but not limited to, standing, walking, bending, twisting, stooping, reaching, climbing ladders, cutting wire, and lifting materials weighing up to 70 pounds.
* Ability to operate and maneuver warehouse equipment, including, but not limited to, pallet jacks, forklifts, and push carts, in the manner necessary to move materials and consistent with manufacturers’ instructions and safety instructions.
* Ability to work in a warehouse environment, including the ability to perform physical requirements, adapt to seasonal changes, significant temperature variations, and inclement weather conditions.
* Ability to abide by safety instruction and use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) or its equivalent is required.
* Results motivated professional with a can do attitude and a proven track record of success.
* Team player is a must.
* Military experience a plus.
* Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills (verbal & written).
* Highly proficient computer skills. SAP knowledge a plus.
* Highly organized with attention to detail.
Why Join Graybar?
Competitive base compensation.
Comprehensive benefit plans.
Time off policy.
Tuition reimbursement and training & development.
Opportunity to work for an employee owned company that is admired for its financial stability, innovation and management quality.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Click the link to view your equal employment rights (EEO Is the Law) -http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
**Title:** *Delivery Driver & Material Handler*
**Location:** *Delaware-New Castle*
New Castle, DE 19720, USA